According to the American Cancer Society, lung cancer is the second most common cancer in both men and women and accounts for about 27% of all cancer related deaths. Each year, more people die of lung cancer than of colon, breast, and prostate cancers combined. The ACS estimates that there will be about 224,390 new cases of lung cancer diagnosed in the United States in 2016, with over 14,000 of those cases being diagnosed in Texas.
Your lungs are a very vital part of your respiratory system and it is essential to prioritize your lung health. Regular check-ups help prevent diseases, even when you are feeling well. This is especially true for lung disease, which sometimes goes undetected until it is serious.
Seton Healthcare recognizes the importance of strong and healthy lungs and is proud to offer The Seton Cancer Care Lung Health Program. Through the program, Seton Healthcare offers comprehensive cancer care services with specialized care for lung cancer patients and those at risk for developing it.
The program includes:
– In-person discussion about the benefits and harms of lung cancer screening to help you make an informed decision.
– Same-day screening low-dose computed tomography with expert radiological interpretation.
– Access to Seton’s Pulmonary (Lung) Nodule Clinic depending on screening results.
– Immediate access to experts in the treatment of lung cancer.
– Help with smoking cessation by a certified counselor.
– A thorough follow-up report to your primary care physician.
Advanced treatment options for lung cancer, including surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy, are also included in the program.
For more information about The Seton Cancer Care Lung Health Program, please call 512-324-LUNG (5864) or click here today.