From support groups to events, prostate cancer patients and their families have numerous opportunities to support the cancer community locally and nationally.
Here’s how you can support prostate cancer awareness and research efforts locally:
- Attend a local event: National organizations like the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Us Too give patients and their families networks for support and host community events to raise awareness for the fight against prostate cancer.
- For your calendar: American Cancer Society Relay for Life: April 26 in Austin
- Host Your Own Event: Both the PCF and Us Too provide resources for groups to host their own event, like Pints for Prostates or Arnie’s Army.
- Volunteer: Volunteer at local events or cancer treatment centers to help educate men, caregivers and loved ones on prostate cancer and network with other advocates.
- Participate in Research: Participate in a clinical trial while undergoing treatment. To search for clinical trials in the Austin area, click here.
This post is part of a series dedicated to addressing one of the most important health issues facing men today. Check our blog for additional information about prostate cancer and the unique benefits of CyberKnife® treatment.